Thursday, August 8, 2013

#21- The gift of slowing down

Our life on Wednesdays has been pretty chaotic all summer. At one point we had back to back activities from 10 am until 5pm. It's just the way the schedules worked on that particular day so I decided I'd make the best of it. Normally we are in a rush, because I don't plan well & am always late. One of my biggest flaws. So I decided to slow down the pace a little bit this week. I planned ahead...made sure we had what we needed with us to avoid unnecessary trips back home that tend to stress everyone out. Things went so smoothly that we were able to stop & have dinner together between activities at a cool new kid friendly restaurant we discovered. It was nice to slow down the pace for once & enjoy each others company amidst the chaos. Kind of a weird gift...but it's amazing how life can adjust to stressful situations when you just slow down a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment