Saturday, August 10, 2013

#22- Simple reminders

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
― Mother Teresa

You never really understand the impact of a kind word, until you are the one it is spoken to. This week has been filled with SO many blessings for me, including many kind words. I am surrounded by the most amazing group of people. This week on two separate occasions, two friends who I've known for years...but really gotten to know more over the last few years on Facebook...posted the most sincere, heartfelt messages to me on my wall. Both came at a time when I needed to hear it. I think we often wonder how we are perceived by others, naturally. Having people I know, who I don't interact with  on a daily basis, go out of their way to let me know all of the positive things they see in me, meant so much. I have given the power of a kind word a lot of thought. How amazing would it be if we ALL went out of our way every now & then to say something nice to someone?  People's lives could truly be changed for the better! Think about that...

For gift #22 I decided to pay it forward with kind words. Since it was late & I knew my mom was in bed, I followed my friend's lead & posted on her Facebook wall. Just a simple reminder of why she's such an amazing mom, because she IS. The world was given an angel when my mom was born. Really. She is one of the most selfless people I've ever known. She always puts others before herself. She loves unconditionally, makes her family feel important & she sees the good in the world. She makes the world, and my life a better place! Have someone like this in your life? Let them know!

No comments:

Post a Comment