Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Last week of giving challenge

So, it turns out I had some technical issues with my blog after day 25 and wasnt able to get on and write! I did successfully finish the challenge, but I didnt write any of the details so I wont be sharing all of that. My last gifts included giving a nice donation to a family in need (from a fundraiser I helped with months ago that fell through), a chore free day for Bryan, and one of my favorites, I bought a copy of the book 29 Gifts on Amazon and am passing it along as soon as it arrives. My plan is to put my name and date on the back, with a little note in there to pass it on and do the same after reading. I hope the book gets passed around and that each recipient takes the challenge and pays it forward. I have this image of the amazing trickling effect this could potentially have on people, and it makes me want to buy 10 more books to randomly hand to people I encounter! Maybe I will...it was only $4 shipped on amazon for a used copy!

This challenge had a seriously positive impact on my life. Yes, I still had some down in the dumps kind of days, but shifting my focus to more positive things became more and more easy. My intention is to get back into the swing of giving on a daily basis. I have also picked up a couple more books to read that teach ways to focus on the positives on life, and how it can change any circumstance you face on life. Over all, I feel like life is headed in an exciting new direction for meand my family. I thank every one of you who followed my challenge, and hope I have inspired some of you to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment