Tuesday, August 13, 2013

#25- Advice


The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- Mahatma Gandhi

I know I've already given my time and a listening ear as gifts. But in all reality both of those things are valuable gifts, and there's no limit on the number of times you can give a particular gift. I say this especially because today was random & given with purpose.

I've learned recently that negative things that happen in life are sometimes just stepping stones to something positive. Personally, I've recently been able to take some negative events from my life to help others. Today a close friend was in need of some advice, from a standpoint that I myself have been in. I was able to have a very meaningful talk with her and gave some advice that was very valuable to her. I believe that everything in life happens for a reason & I've been blessed enough to recognize those reasons. I may have asked myself at the beginning of this challenge if having a conversation with a friend could really count as a gift. But being near the end I've discovered that it absolutely is.  Having a life altering conversation with a friend, and contributing advice that can greatly benefit them is not only a gift....it's a gift you can't put a price tag of a value on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment